Our General Manager has announced her pending retirement!
We are currently seeking applicants for this position.
Katepwa Beach Golf Club Inc. is a twenty-two year old non-profit corporation that owns and operates a nine hole public golf course often reputed to be one of the best courses in Saskatchewan, located 45 minutes from the eastern edge of Regina, Saskatchewan. Club members are mostly owners of summer residences in the Calling Lakes resort region.
Revenue is generated primarily by green fees from individual rounds. Revenue from special events and tournaments has not been historically significant. Revenue from non-members has historically exceeded revenue from members by a significant margin.
The Club is governed by a Board elected by the members. The Board hires a general manager responsible for all operations including clubhouse, carts, range, basic food and beverage service that supports and supplements the golf experience, member communications, budgeting, marketing and accounting. In addition, the general manager is responsible, working in concert with the course superintendent, for achieving and maintaining consistently high quality playing conditions.
The ideal candidate will be passionate and knowledgeable about the game of golf and possess a refined appreciation for the wants and needs of avid golfers, supported by a combination of education, training and experience in golf course operations to deliver upon the following position responsibilities:
- Possess a solid understanding of club governance and manage Board and Member meetings;
- Work with Board to collect and analyze data using relevant software applications including Sage 50 accounting software and Tee-On POS management system to develop, plan, coordinate and direct Club priorities, operations, activities and budgets plus identify marketing and servicing opportunities for attracting and retaining customers to the course;
- Be a highly visible leader and Chief Host to all members and guests with a friendly and outgoing personality and a strong professional demeanor;
- Ensure compliance with all local, provincial and federal legislation and regulation;
- Ensure the provision of basic high quality food and beverage service to support and enhance the golfer experience and generate positive net revenue for the Club;
- Hire, fire, train and schedule clubhouse staff;
- Coordinate with superintendent the staffing for course maintenance and oversee provision of resources to support the superintendent’s staff, equipment and supply needs as determined and managed by the superintendent and approved by annual budget or resolution by the Board;
- Ensure all payroll requirements are met;
- Identify needs, make recommendations and complete the purchase or lease of capital equipment
and operational supplies, materials and goods as approved within budgetary limitations and as
needed to meet customer demand.
This is a seasonal position.
Compensation to be determined commensurate with experience and talents.
Interested candidates should submit a resume along with a detailed cover letter which addresses
qualifications and describes alignment with the position by August 17, 2018, to:
Katepwa Beach Golf Club Inc.
c/o President, Board of Directors
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position; however only those considered for
interview will be contacted directly.